Saturday, January 07, 2006

Why I do robotics . . .

Woodie Flowers summed it up very well for me this morning as to why I mentor robotics at Castilleja . . .

I want you to learn to learn the hard stuff.
I want you to learn how to work in a team.
I want you to learn how to have faith in your creativity.
And I want you to be proud of your work.

You will learn the most when the time is too short, when your budget is too small and when your team is too large. This is what the real world is like.

. . . So it's cheesy, but that's the truth. Gatorbotics, you are a very very special group of people in my heart and you will do what I could not do when I was your age. Being a woman in science and engineering can be really tough. This is why I want you to do everything I can to help you learn that you can succeed.

Emily

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home